Monday, December 14, 2009

Hurr durr...

I work tech support. It's a very interesting, entertaining, fun job, and I get to learn all kinds of interesting things. I have a very good grasp of school politics (anyone who thinks that all the staff members get along famously- YOU'RE WRONG. They all hate each other!) and I get snacks when I finish a job, since teachers are so happy to have me fix their computer. Especially nice is when I fix the home ec teacher's computer- delicious homemade doughnuts anyone?

Anyway, today I had to help network a printer into some computers. It technically wasn't my class period for tech support, but if I'm needed I can help in whatever room I'm in. One problem: this computer had a null IP address. The scary thing was, it was printing from two computers, and the other tech support student was convinced the damn thing was possessed. And I had to agree- a computer with a null IP address should not be printing- it's not possible! Yikes. Either we had a ghost on our hands, the computer demon was bored again, or there was another problem.

After spending half an hour trying to figure out how the computers could magically print, we figured it out. They were hard-wired. DERP DERP DERP.

Just another day in Student Tech Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment